It was my first year in college when the events occurred, I couldn't grasp what I was watching on live television. It still seems unreal... I honestly don't have words.
1) 30 foot American flag - this was recovered at Ground Zero and was patched from other damaged flags.
2) FDNY Ladder 3 truck - the collapse of the Twin Towers crushed and burned this truck.
3) Antenna fragment (19.8 ft) - recovered from the original 360-foot-tall radio and television antenna from atop the North Tower
4) Brick recovered from where Osama Bin Laden was hiding out on the day he was killed.
5) Steel column - the last column to be recovered, which underneath everything of the South Tower, still remained anchored to the bedrock; weighing in at 58 tons and 36 feet tall.
6) One World Trade Center aka WTC aka Freedom Tower - its height of 1776 feet is deliberate, referencing the year when the U.S. Declaration of Independence was signed.
7) There was some fuss about the quote as inappropriate. Check out the NYT article by Caroline Alexander, titled "Out of Context".