What’s golden in colour, naturally sweet in taste with a hint of sea salt? What’s #dairyfree, certified #organic and is full of #prebiotics? What’s light and creamy, unbelievably delicious and is totally guilt free? If you haven’t guessed already, it’s our Sea Salted Caramel COYO®️ Ice Cream 🍦.
The weather is getting CHILLY!! We knew this year was going to be a record breaking COLD winter but, brrrrr ❄️! To warm us up, we wanted to share our delicious recipe for Roasted Eggplant & COYO®️ Tzatziki. For a twist, if you’re a miso fan, make a miso paste and layer on top of the eggplant, then bake and serve with a layer of Natural COYO®️. Have you ever had baked eggplant 🍆 before? What are your favourite flavour combos!? P.S. you can find his delicious recipe in its normal spot (the bio) ❤️.
Let's play a game! We want to know the first thing that comes to mind when you look at this photo of our Strawberry COYO® 🍓! Is it the certified #organic ingredients, the packaging, maybe a recipe idea? Whatever you are thinking, let us know below 👇. 🥥 The first thing that pops into our mind when we look at this photo, is the naturally sweet strawberry flavour that explodes on your tongue with every spoonful, oh and the thick, creamy consistency 😋.
Let's get serious for a minute! Who is a chocoholic? 🙋♀️ Now we've got that out of the way, we want to know what you do when those chocolate cravings hit 🍫?! Do you give in, or maybe snack on healthy treats instead? Stopping cravings for sugar-filled chocolates and treats is definitely a journey. It can take days/weeks/months to slowly work them out of your diet in a healthy way! Studies have shown however, that foods rich in healthy fats can help you manage cravings. Our chocolate COYO® is high in good fats, is #refinedsugarfree, certified #organic and is full of tummy loving live #vegan cultures! We'd love to know if you have ever tried COYO® when you are craving sugar and whether it helped? 🥥
What's one of the first things you do to celebrate the weekend? We love spending time with our families ❤️, exploring our amazing home on the @visitsunshinecoast 🌊, and getting into the kitchen to create some delicious #dairyfree, #wholesome treats 🥥! Now, just because winter is coming doesn't mean we give up some of our favourite treats until the summertime ☀️. NO WAY! Like popsicles, we couldn't imagine going months without popsicles, right?? We mean, they are such an easy snack, and you can create so many delicious and nutritious flavours! PLUS, the whole family A-DORE them 😉. Anyway... rant over! Here is a fantastic recipe for #dairyfree, virgin mojito popsicles by @rhiannonbosse.
Ingredients: - 1 can of full-fat coconut cream (you can replace this with our Natural COYO®). - 1/4 cup simple syrup* - 2 tbs of lime peel zest - 2 tbs of fresh lime juice - 1 tbs pure vanilla extract - 1 vanilla bean’s worth of seeds - One handful of fresh mint leaves - 2 limes cut into thin slices
1. Combine everything except the thin slices of lime into a small saucepan and simmer over low heat for five minutes.
2. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 20 to 25 minutes until all of the flavours combine together.
3. While the mixture cools, fill your dry popsicle moulds with the thin lime slices, about 2 to 3 slices per well.
4. Strain your popsicle mixture through a mesh sieve, discarding the pieces of mint and lime zest, and pour the remaining liquid equally into your wells.
5. Place your popsicle sticks and freeze overnight. Enjoy! 🥥
Note: *To make your own simple syrup, combine 1 cup of water and 1 cup of white granulated sugar (or use coconut sugar or other #RFS replacements) in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until all of the sugar is dissolved. Use once the mixture is cool and store leftovers in a seal tight jar for up to a week. To make a bigger batch of simple syrup use the simple 1:1 ratio of water to sugar. ☀️
Would you ever believe there was a cheesecake in this world that is not only #dairyfree but also #guiltfree oh and full of healthy fats, plant protein and antioxidants?! Well if you thought, YES! Then you are 💯 purrr-centtt right 🙌. @paleoglutenfreeeats has created a ‘Vegan Blueberry Yoghurt Cheesecake’, using COYO®️ and we have fallen in lurrveee ❤️ with it, and just had to share the recipe with our amazing fam! Check out the link in our bio for the recipe to this berry-licious sensation 🍰!
Are you a breakfast person? If you are anything like us we could eat breakfast for every meal of the day 🙏. @IzyHossack has a similar love affair with breakfast foods which is where this gorgeous Healthy Banoffee Parfait (with date caramel and stove-top granola) came from 🙌. As Izzy says, don’t get scared when you read date caramel, this recipe is super easy and only takes 30minutes to make from start to finish!! 🥥
- 1 large ripe banana 🍌 - 1 1/2 cups Vanilla Bean COYO®️ (this recipe calls for Greek yoghurt but this is super easy to replace with coconut yoghurt for a dairy free version)
- 2/3 cup granola of your choice (or you can create Izzy’s stove-top granola. You can find this recipe on her website)
- 1/3 cup pitted, chopped dates (we think these are best when soaked in hot water for 10 minutes) - 1/3 cup coconut milk (or dairy free milk of choice) - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract - Pinch of salt 🥥
1. Slice the banana into 1/4" thick coins (see notes if serving later). In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt and vanilla extract/paste.
2. Blend dates, coconut milk, vanilla extract and salt in a blender until smooth.
3. Pour into a saucepan and heat whilst stirring over a low flame for 5-10 minutes, until thickened and reduced down to ~1/3 of a cup in volume. Set aside to cool.
4. In 3 small, clean glasses or jars, layer the ingredients like this: 2 tsp granola, a few banana coins, 1 tsp date caramel, 2 tbsp of COYO®️. Repeat. Do this for all the jars/glasses. To finish, top with any remaining granola, banana and caramel.
🥥 Note: If you are serving later toss the banana in some lemon juice to stop it from browning ☀️
What do you look for in a recipe? When we create or share a recipe for our COYO®️ fam, we always make sure that what we share sticks to our values of authentic, #realfood! We also love to get creative and discover delicious replacements for allergens or unnecessary additives, like #dairy and #refinedsugar. At the moment we are loving these Peppermint Brownie Tarts by @beanilla ❤️. Check out the recipe below and discover some great ingredient replacements.
- 110g vegan chocolate (there are heaps of delicious vegan chocolates on the market)
- 110g #dairyfree coconut butter - 1/2 coconut sugar (instead of 1 cup) - 3 whole eggs (or 3 flax eggs)
- 1/2 cup flour (there are some amazing gluten free flours out there, we recommend testing them and finding your favourite, for flavour, texture and price).
PEPPERMINT FILLING - 2 1/2 cups of Natural COYO (this recipe called for icing sugar, but there are so many delicious ways to work around creating an amazing sugar free icing, like using COYO®️).
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract 🥥
CHOCOLATE GANACHE - 400g vegan chocolate - 3/4 cup Natural COYO®️ (this recipe called for heavy cream. Coconut yoghurt is a fantastic replacement. 🥥
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt chocolate and coconut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Whisk to combine.
3. Combine eggs and sugar in a separate bel and then add to chocolate mixture and stir until incorporated.
4. Sift flour into mixture and stir until combined.
5. Scoop into mini tart pans, filling 1/3 to 1/2 and bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and set aside.
6. Combine yoghurt and peppermint essence. Once the brownies have cooled, layer on top and place in freezer.
7. Melt the ganache chocolate and stir it through yoghurt until combined. Pour over the yoghurt peppermint layer and place in freezer until set. 🥥
What are your favourite replacement ingredients?
We want your opinion! What do you want to see more of on our feed? We want to hear about why you follow COYO®️, what you’re lovin’ and what you’re not lovin’ ❤️!
We have 4 words for you... Salted Caramel Smoothie Bowl 🙀! The perfect combination of naturally sweet and slightly salty, with the health benefits of #plantpower 💪. Check out the recipe from @iquitsugar below:
🌿 1 large banana 🌿1 tblspn cashew butter
🌿1 1/2 tspn maca
🌿1 tspn Vanilla powder
🌿1/2 tspn cinnamon 🌿1 cup almond milk
🌿 1/8 sea salt 🌿1/2 cup water
Our secret ingredient to creating that, to die for consistency and delicious caramely taste, is leaving out the salt and adding a generous scoop of our #dairyfree Sea Salted Caramel ice cream to the mixture. Comment below and share your favourite smoothie bowl recipe ❤️?
We all know and love our thick and creamy coconut yoghurt, but have you ever created frozen COYO®? We're taking inspo from @donnahaymagazine and her RAW FROZEN YOGHURT BARS ❤️ with this recipe. Create your favourite raw cheesecake nut base, then top with 900ml of Strawberry COYO® 🍓 and freeze for a couple of hours or until firm. This is the perfect guilt-free snack, full of healthy fats, antioxidants and protein from the nut base! What's your favourite healthy snack? Comment below and let us know 👈 #rhymegameisstrong
Why have a brownie, when you can have a Brownie Waffle Sundae 🍨? @feastingonfruit knows exactly how to celebrate the weekend and it includes chocolate and ice cream 😉. Chocolate waffles and COYO ice cream, that is! The best part is, you can mix and match your favourite ice cream flavour. We're thinking of a scoop of Coco Latte and a scoop of Black Forest 🍦. Follow the link in our bio to discover our whole range of #dairyfree ice cream flavours! P.S. check out that chocolate drizzle 😍