Who says elimination diets have to be boring and flavorless? Breakfast on day 8 of the #joyfulbellymealplan is a delicious and simple vanilla chia pudding topped with tangy kiwis (low-FODMAP and low-histamine fruit!) and buttery macadamia nuts.
Dinner on #Day5 of the #JoyfulBellyMealPlan is a delicious #VEGAN zucchini boat filled with quinoa, potatoes, capers, and basil. This is a super delicious and extremely healthy dish that will keep you and the kids full and happy.
this is my FAVORITE dinner and it’s on the menu tonight for the #JoyfulBellyMealPlan 😍 there is still time to join us: second group starts on Sunday, August 5th. DM for info 📥
DAY 1 of the #JoyfulBellyMealPlan has begun. We’re starting today with pasture raised eggs and organic berries. Still hungry, or someone who exercises often? It’s always okay to add extra veggies to your meal. In fact, I encourage it 😁
Squash is such a diverse vegetable and an excellent source of so many vitamins and minerals. It’s a great way to add fiber to your diet and an excellent source of those slow burning carbs- great for athletes and moms alike (aka people who need to avoid an energy crash in the middle of something 😜) Plus, because most squashes have a subtle flavor and some have super fun shapes (like these patty pan squashes) the kids will enjoy, or at least tolerate, eating them. .
Here are 5 ways to eat squash THIS WEEK:
1. Roast with herbs and serve as a side dish to a salmon filet
2. Add to a morning breakfast hash with sweet potatoes, chicken breast, herbs and eggs
3. Slice thin and bake at the lowest temp in your oven (200 or less) for about an hour - SQUASH CHIPS 😍
4. Dredge in arrowroot flour, egg, and flax seeds and bake for “squash fries”
5. Juice just before bed with celery, kale, and cucumber for a green juice that will give you tons of magnesium and help you fall right to sleep
Want MORE ways to eat this AWESOME veggie? DM to get the deets on my super healthy, low histamine and low FODMAP meal plan test starting NEXT WEEK!
Anyone else in Chicago running the #rocknrollhalfmarathon tomorrow? What are you eating today to prepare your body for optimum performance and recovery? If you’re not sure what to eat, DM me. Make sure to load up on lots of healthy veggies, either raw or gently cooked, to maximize your vitamin and mineral consumption and get those glycogen stores up! YOU GOT THIS! I’m rooting for you!!! #ChicagoRunners
Last night’s dinner was 🔥🔥🔥 AND it was 100% FODMAP and HISTAMINE FREE! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Should I go on? It also only took 35 minutes to prep & cook AND it was T A S T Y 😋 Dealing with chronic symptoms, bored on your elimination diet, and want to eat meals like this? 📥 DM to sign up for my Meal Planning TEST starting August 1!
Sometimes all you want is a big bowl of veggies! If you have been traveling all week and eating at restaurants, taking clients out, dealing with the *so very limited* options at airports or on highways- maybe it’s time for a reset & boost for your tired body! Squash is so easy to get in the summer and is packed with nutritious vitamins and minerals that are a perfect re-start to eating healthy again. 😍 Need some support? DM me to learn about meal plans 💕
Yes, you can eat on a low-FODMAP and low histamine diet and still have delicious, nutritious, EXCITING food! DM me to join our group starting on August 1st. You will be helping me TEST a meal plan that fits into two well-researched lists of Low-FODMAP and Low-HISTAMINE foods, but isn’t totally boring or restricted! Hope you’ll join us, 📥 DM for details.
I’m a *little* obsessed with parsley.
Let me tell you why:
1. Parsley gives a beautiful bright earthy green flavor to sauces, soups, smoothies, and salads.
2. It contains cancer fighting antioxidants including vitamin C and Vitamin A.
3. It is high in vitamin K which your brain uses over night to help clean away the day’s built-up proteins.
4. Eating parsley is an excellent way to boost your liver’s natural detoxing levels
5. Parsley is a diuretic that can help reduce the work your kidneys have to do to cleanse your system. Drink lots of water with parsley to help this system. .
What is your favorite way to eat parsley? 🌱
Are you a green banana person, or a brown banana person? (Vote below!) Well, green (less-ripe) bananas are allowed in small amounts on the low-FODMAP diet, according to @monashfodmap HOWEVER, bananas are known to have high levels of histamine that actually rise as the fruit ripens. In order to eat this amazingly healthy fruit and avoid the issues with its FODMAPS and histamine levels, here’s what I do: buy the greenest bananas I think I can tolerate, them immediately freeze them. It will stop them ripening and you can use half of one in a smoothie.
All the fatty salad goodness, coming at you in my 2-week meal plan specifically designed with #LowFODMAP *and* #lowHISTAMINE needs in mind. Interested in joining us? DM for details 👉🏼📥
DOESN’T THIS LOOK DELICIOUS?
GOOD MORNING and HAPPY MONDAY!
In 2 weeks I’m leading a group through a very specific low-FODMAP and low-HISTAMINE 14-day Meal Plan as a test to see how easy it is and how TASTY it is to nourish our bodies with food that is great for us. I’m finalizing the details this week so if the posts over the next few days make you super hungry, DM me for more info on how to join. BTW- it’s FREE.
A great breakfast is a combination of proteins and healthy fats along with some bitterness to help your digestive system get going! Remember that breakfast is literally you breaking your fast, and your body, by the time breakfast comes around, is HUNGRY! Feed it with good stuff from the beginning of the day and you’re less likely to reach for those sweets later on in the day.
5 Pro breakfast tips:
1. Add FCH (Flax Chia Hemp) to your breakfast for omega 3s that your brain loves, and enjoy the mental boost all day
2. Cook your eggs in grass fed cow, organic butter, instead of olive oil.
3. Add Nutritional Yeast for a b-vitamin energy boost
4. Eat a bitter green in the morning like watercress or arugula to get your liver and pancreas going, and enjoy better digestion all day
5. Use raw organic olive oil for a heart healthy fat that will help keep you full until your next meal
Are you an endurance athlete? Runners, triathloners and cyclists need those good glycemic stores before an event or just before long training sessions and simple carbs (like rice, or sugars) get used up quick. Instead, opt for veggies like squash. These patty pan squashes are just so cute, I know it’s hard to imagine eating them but you’ll get over it when you realize that they are great fuel for your endurance workout 🤓 Squashes are great sources of vitamin C, B vitamins, and minerals like potassium and folate. Excellent fuel for keeping you energized and your body functioning optimally during an intense workout. Now, I’m off to make some delicious squash for dinner tonight 🤪