Weekends are for brunching and this one last week definitely didn't disappoint 😍. Full review of @ethosfoods coming to @glowcation soon! How cute is this little shakshuka dish 💗
Typically we associate breakfast with cereals, toast, fruit, yoghurt, granola and nowadays eggs and 🥑. Although when it comes to breakfast there really are no rules and I personally much prefer to load up on a wide range of veggies with some 🐠 and of course a dollop of hummus 😍 over the sweet stuff. 💗
A little jump day pick me up as today is vanilla milkshake day (yes there really is a day for everything now)! So I've put together this vanilla shake recipe.perfect post workout or just to enjoy in the sun over the weekend. Don't forget to save this one:
1 banana (frozen works best)
1 sachet or 25g vanilla protein (I used @missfitsnutrition vegan blend)
1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
3 tbsp yoghurt (I used @nushfoods cashew vanilla yoghurt)
350ml cashew milk (or alternative)
A handful of ice
1. Blitz all the ingredients together until smooth. Pour out and enjoy!
24C today means that picnic lunches are definitely upon us☀️☀️! Picnic food isn’t typically the healthiest of foods as it tends to be a selection of sandwiches, sausage rolls, processed meats and sugary drinks. So I thought I'd share some healthier picnic alternatives with some of my favourite brands. ☀️☀️
1. Roasted veggies with hummus and crudites, guacamole and corn chips.
2. Pre poached salmon, pre-cooked chicken breast, olives, sundried tomatoes, mixed bean salads, quinoa salads.
3. @nushfoods with berries and @pipandnut almond butter sachets.
4. @co_fro (because ice cream is a picnic must!)
5. @remedydrinks kombucha (the perfect refreshing picnic drink)
Before I get into the picnic swing you'll find me diving into this breakfast bowl 😍😍🍒🍒🍒🍓🍓🍓
Having a BBQ, a lunch or just a few friends round for a cuppa this weekend? This brownie is the ideal accompaniment. Don't forget to save it! 🍫🍫🍫🍫165g melted coconut oil
1 sachet (or 25g) @missfitsnutrition Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder
3 tbsp raw cacao
1 handful of hazelnuts(chopped)
40g ground almonds
50g buckwheat flour
150g coconut sugar
3tbsp natural almond yoghurt (or dairy alternative) I use @nushfoods 🍫🍫
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine the melted coconut oil, protein powder, raw cacao, hazelnuts, ground almonds and buckwheat flour.
3. In a separate bowl beat the eggs, yoghurt and coconut sugar until smooth.
4. Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
5. Pour the mix into a lined brownie tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Good morning! Today was one of those days where I hit snooze and swapped my 🏋🏻♀️ for some extra 💤💤💤 and a bowl of broccoli, topped with an egg and a drizzle of tahini. Starting your day with veggies is a great way to try and ensure you hit your 5aday! What's your favourite breaky? 😘
Today's lunch was 👌🏻pesto quinoa salad topped with beet relish, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted cauli and nuts and seeds for an added crunch! Review of @thecafeinthepark coming to @glowcation soon!
I was going to write a long caption to go with this but I think this quote says it all ☝🏻👌🏻
Get ahead with your breakfast prep for the week with my mixed berry granola. This is so moreish which makes for a great afternoon snack. Don't forget to save this one 😘
2 tbsp chia seeds (6tbsp water)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (no sugar)
1/2 cup almonds (crushed)
1/2 cup walnuts (crushed)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1/4 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp berry powder
1 tbsp maple syrup (you may wish to add more)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence (no added sugar)
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180C (on a fan oven).
2. Combine the chia seeds with water and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes until set.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients (except the cranberries).
4. Add the chia seeds and the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined.
5. Spread the mix evenly over a lined baking tray and bake for 12 minutes before turning and returning to the oven for a remaining 8. Remove from the oven, stir in the cranberries and return for a final 5 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the granola to cool inside the oven.
Whilst I'm a fan of brunching out, there's also something about enjoying a home cooked one too. This mornings post workout brunch is a vegetable frittata. These are great for B,L and D! Don't forget to save the recipe below 😘🍳🥚🥚Ingredients: (serves 2)
3tbsp @nushfoods Almond Natual Yoghurt (or dairy alternative)
Generous pinch of salt and pepper
1/2 a red pepper
Handful of spinach
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp avocado oil 🍳🍳🍳
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Heat the avocado oil in a pan
3. Slice the onion, pepper and peel and chop the garlic and add to the pan. Sautee until soft.
4. Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the yoghurt, salt and pepper.
5. Once the vegetables are cooked add the eggs to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium heat. Add the spinach and place in the oven for 8-12 minutes until cooked through.
Is anyone already planning their weekend bakes? I think I'm going to have to remake these muffins from the @squirrelsisters cookbook (they're meant to be mini but I made them in large, sliced them in half and topped with @nushfoods natural cashew yoghurt and chia jam 😍- a little twist on the classic scone, cream and jam). Although the real question is are you a 'sk-on' orrrr are you a 'sc-own' type of person?
Today I did a corporate wellness talk on eating better to improve your sleep. I thought I'd summarise a few dietary tips to help improve sleep here:💤💤
1. Avoid caffeine after 2pm as it blocks the uptake of adenosine and GABA (neurotransmitters which contribute to feeling sleepy).
2. Include tryptophan rice foods in your diet to increase serotonin and melatonin production. Foods include: turkey, oats, tofu, yoghurt and eggs.
3. Ensure adequate omega-3 status - research suggests suboptimal levels is associated with impaired sleep. Oily fish, nuts and seeds are sources.
4. Incorporate fibre (recs =30g.d) to optimise a healthy gut and promote the secretion and absorption of melatonin (the sleep hormone) 💤💤.
I'm back tomorrow to give the talk to another group and so if you'd like to hear more - drop me a DM 😘.
A perfectly cooked tuna steak is hard to beat. One of my go to restaurant faves 😍who's with me?
Summer afternoons well spent 😍. Now time to wind down and prep for a busy week ahead 😀😘
Saturday brunching @thegrocershops -i challenge anyone who claims 'vegetables are boring' to eat a plate like this and still think that. Eating a wide range of veggies is all about experimenting with them. Adding spices, herbs, vinegars and some oils can turn a standard side dish into the main event. Try getting creative this weekend by playing around with herbs, spices and cooking methods of your veggies😘
Looking for some weekend baking inspo? Look no further with my super simple lemon cake. It's light and fluffy and makes for the perfect Sunday afternoon slice! Wishing you all a fab Friday 😘Don't forget to save this one🍋🍋🍋 100g nush almond yoghurt natural @nushfoods
2 tbsp maple syrup
Zest of 2 lemons🍋🍋
Juice of 1/2 lemon
150g ground almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Combine the yoghurt with the eggs, maple syrup, lemon zest and lemon juice.
3. Stir in the ground almonds and baking powder.
4. Once fully combined pour out into a small lined loaf tin.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Leave to cool before slicing😍