Hi there 👋 I’ve noticed a few new faces around town, and I’d thought I’d share a little bit about my story so you get to know the person behind the account 💁🏼♀️
1. I started having severe panic attacks a few months after I graduated high school. I also dealt with severe hormonal issues too. After many years on anti anxiety meds and hormonal birth control and MANY doctors, I finally found the root cause of PCOS and an autoimmune issue. I started eating paleo a few years ago and I wouldn’t change a thing, I see it as an opportunity to try new foods I never would have before.
2. My diet used to consist of Dr. Pepper and Cinnamon Toast Crunch (not necessarily in that order). At this stage in life it’s turned into matcha and @urbanplates And I ain’t even mad at it.
3. I’m a complete introvert. It takes me awhile to get comfortable around someone before I open up. I may not have many friends, but I know I’ve got a tight small group of true friends that I feel 100% free to be myself around.
4. I didn’t go on an airplane for the first time until 2016. Before that the farthest I had been was Utah. This was a huge hurdle for me and my anxiety, but getting over the fear has opened so many new places to me (and opened a discussion about a possible London trip in the future 🤭). It makes me so happy that the anxiety isn’t holding me back.
5. I love learning new things. I work in marketing, so there’s always something new to learn. I also love photography and graphic design (both subjects I HATED in college).
6. I started this account in hopes that I could share my wellness story and journey to inspire others who may feel stuck in their struggles. And also to share some bomb food. -
Enough about me, I wanna get to know you! Share one interesting/funny/quirky fact about yourself in the comments ♥️ 📸 @kileyshaiphotography#losingitwithmelissa#findyourvoice#raiseyourvibrations -