options for eats @ with @
Happy weekend, friends!
Is everyone having a lovely morning/ day/ evening?
Today I'm serving up one of the takeaway/ takeout favourites:
Veganized Beef and Broccoli (Mushroom and Broccoli) ♥️
This recipe is incredibly easy to make and, oh, so tasty!
And most importantly, most of you probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry/ fridge right now.
I can't wait for you to try this recipe and enjoy it as much as I do. Happy weekend, lovely people. 😊
Mushroom and Broccoli:
• 250 g portobello mushrooms, sliced and grilled in a pan for about 5-7 minutes on each side. (Try to dehydrate the mushrooms as much as you can to achieve the meaty texture)
• 200 g broccoli florets, cut into bite size. • 2 tbs chopped ginger
• 1 tbs chopped garlic
• 20 g chopped scallions (green onions 🇬🇧)
• 1 tbs coconut oil
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth (lightly salted)
• 2 tsp arrowroot flour (or corn flour, but the finishing dish won't look as glossy)
• 2 tbs tamari or soy sauce
• 1/2 tsp black salt
• 1 tsp rice wine vinegar • 1-2 tsp organic sugar
• toasted sesame oil for seasoning afterwards
• white pepper
• 2 servings steamed rice 🌱
1. Make the sauce by combining all ingredients in [sauce] and set aside.
2. Sauté broccoli in coconut oil or any cooking oil you prefer for a few minutes. Since we cut the florets into bite size, the vegetable will cook much faster than usual.
3. Once the broccoli is cooked about half way, add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, and grilled mushrooms before sautéing until fragrant.
4. Add the sauce mixture you have prepared and fold everything together quickly.
5. Add scallions and allow to simmer for a couple minutes.
6. Serve immediately with a side of steamed rice.
7. Indulge. ♥️🌱