@ from @ - 🇦🇺Alright Australia. Confession time - when was the last time you did a midnight post-pub kebab run? 🍻🌯😈
And there ain’t no shame in that! 😂 But in all honesty, homemade is SO GOOD! Thinking of doing these for an Australia Day barbie! N x ❤️
Homemade Chicken Doner Kebab | Serves 4 – 5
1 kg / 2 lb chicken thighs , skinless and boneless
Olive oil , for drizzling
1 cup plain yoghurt , unsweetened (I use Greek)
3 garlic cloves minced
1 1/2 tsp coriander powder, onion powder, salt
2 tsp each cumin powder, paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper , optional
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Mix Marinade, add chicken, marinade 3 – 24 hours.
2. Thread half chicken onto 2 skewers per video. Repeat with remaining chicken.
3. Line pan with foil, prop skewers on edges of pan. Drizzle with olive oil, bake 220C / 430F (standard) or 200C / 390F (fan / convection) 35 minutes.
4. Baste with pan juices, turn, drizzle with oil, bake 20 – 30 minutes until nicely browned.
5. Remove, baste, rest 5 minutes, slice thinly per video.
6. Doner Kebabs: Warmed Lebanese bread / flatbread, spread with hummus, top with shredded lettuce, tomato slices, tabbouleh, chicken, chilli sauce (I use sriracha, it’s perfect). Roll up tightly, wrap in foil. Enjoy! .
PS See recipe on my site for homemade hummus and tabbouleh, so worth it! Also for Doner Kebab plate with lentil spiced rice and other sides, SO GOOD!