Oh, hey! 🙋🏻♀️ The weekend rolls around once again, how wonderful is that?! Hope you all are enjoying yourselves. I’ve been spending time away from social media for a bit to recharge. And now that I’m back- I’d like to share with you a recipe I created earlier this week. Brought to you by sheer gluttony and slothfulness: One Pot Vegan Mac and Cheese (nut-free) 🌱🧀 I thought I could live without nooch, but, as it turned out, I’m just not that kind of vegan, apparently. But if you prefer to leave it out in this recipe, feel free to do so. 🧡
Now, if you’d like to recreate my latest version of vegan mac and cheese- here is the recipe:
• 3 cups UNSWEETENED plant milk (I use oat milk) • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (for natural colouring- optional)
• 1 tsp Himalayan salt
• 1 tsp (white) miso paste
• 1 tbs vegan butter
• 225 g dried macaroni (I use small elbow macaroni)
• 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
• 2/3 cup UNSWEETENED non dairy cream mixed with 2 tbs tapioca starch
• 1 tbs lemon juice
1. In a pot, add plant milk, turmeric, salt, miso paste, and vegan butter stir or whisk until everything dissolves, and bring to a boil.
2. Add dried macaroni and stir, making sure the pasta doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot. Simmer on medium low heat and continue to stir throughout the rest of cooking time (about 10-12 minutes)
3. Once the liquid thickens (after 8 minutes have passed) have a taste to make sure the pasta is cooked.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients: nutritional yeast, non dairy cream mixed with tapioca starch, and lemon juice. Then, mix well.
5. Continues to cook for a few minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken and the pasta to absorb flavours.
6. Serve hot, preferably with a dash of cayenne pepper or paprika.
#vegan #vegancommunity #veganrecipes #healthychoices #govegan #veganism #veganlunch #homecooking #easycooking #healthyfoodporn #veganfoodvideos #vegansofinstagram #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #letscookvegan #instafood #veganvideos #vegancooking #vegandinner #veganfoodporn @peta #veganeats #foodporn #herbivore #plantbased #recipevideo #foodvideos #whatveganseat #simplecooking #plantbasedfood #healthyvegan