Quick. Easy. Protein for dinner. I hear this chicken & apples is tasty. You should make it tonight & let me know😉
Healthy, easy and delicious! One-Pan Sautéed Chicken is quick to prep and cook - less than 20 minutes - perfect weeknight meal! It’s also a perfect traditional healthy meal that everyone will enjoy!
🍽: @🍎 .
½ tablespoon unsalted butter
½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
2 small red apples, sliced*
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped, divided
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar .
1. Heat butter and oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and apple slices and sauté for 3-4 minutes (depends on the thickness), until softened, and slightly browned.
3. Meanwhile, season the chicken strips with 2 teaspoons of rosemary, salt and black pepper.
4. Push the onion and apple slices to the sides of the pan and add chicken breast strips to the middle. Brown on both sides, about 5-6 minutes total. (If your pan is too crowded, do this in batches – or remove the onions and apples – so you can properly brown the chicken.
5. Add apple cider vinegar and the onions and apples (if you removed them) and remaining teaspoon of rosemary. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to medium and cook until chicken is cooked through, ~3 minutes more.
6. Serve chicken and apples with extra pan juices and enjoy! *Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp or Rome apples work well in this recipe*
Makes 4 servings (~4 oz yield after cooking)
Per serving: 245 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 9g carbs, 220mg sodium, 39g protein