Veggie burgers will never taste the same as a beef burger, so why pretend?? Let’s just make awesome tasting veggie burgers instead!! There’s a few steps in these burgers, but I promise you, it’s totally worth all the effort. You’ll be rewarded with some of the most epic veggie burgers you’ve ever had… and who doesn’t want an EPIC burger to eat?!?! – N x ♥️
Veggie Burgers for Carnivores
250g/8oz mushrooms, sliced + 2 tsp olive oil
400g / 14 oz can cannellini beans, drained
1 large carrot, grated
1/2 cup / 70 g cashews, raw unsalted, 1/2 cup / 55 g panko breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup / 50 g grated parmesan
1 egg, 2 tbsp mayonnaise, 1 garlic clove minced, 1/2 tsp each paprika, salt and pepper
3/4 cup / 150g cooked brown rice, 3/4 cup sliced shallots / green onions
Burger: 2 - 3 tbsp olive oil (or other), soft buns, lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, sauces, avocado, beetroot
1. Drizzle oil over mushrooms, spread on the tray. Spread beans on another tray, sprinkle carrots all over.
2. Bake 180C/350F - beans on top shelf, mushrooms under – 15 min until beans look wrinkly. Move mushrooms to top shelf, bake further 10 min until dried out and wrinkly. Remove from oven, cool.
3. Patties: Blitz cashews to crumbs, add mushrooms and beans, blitz on high for 10 sec.
4. Add breadcrumbs, egg, parmesan, garlic, paprika, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Blitz for 15 - 30 sec until it comes together like meat burger mixture but can still see chunks.
5. Add rice and shallots, blitz for 2 sec.
6. Shape into 4 -6 patties, refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Burger: Heat oil and cook patties cold from fridge on medium high for 4 min on each side.
8. Toast buns, spread top bun with relish or sauce of choice. Top with your choice of burger fillings and the Veggie Burger, then more sauce if desired.
#recipetineats #ourplatesdaily #foodgawker #FoodWineWomen #feedfeed #f52grams #thekitchn #thatsdarling #tastespotting #TODAYFoodClub #buzzfeast #bhgfood #huffposttaste #recipe #igfood #instayum #hautecuisines #huffpostgram #recipevideo #foodblogger #foodie #yum #omnomnom #burgee #veggieburger