Anderson House is a Gilded Age mansion located in the heart of Washington, D.C., it was completed in 1905 and designed in the Beaux Art style by the architects Arthur Little and Herbert Browne. It was the winter residence of Larz Anderson, an American diplomat, and his wife, Isabel Weld Perkins. The Andersons would distinguish themselves among the capital's most sought-after hosts. During the Washington social season—generally between New Year's Day and Easter—the Andersons held diplomatic and inaugural receptions, formal dinners and luncheons, concerts, and performances. When Larz Anderson died in 1937 with no children, his widow oversaw the gift of Anderson House and its contents to the Society of the Cincinnati, of which Larz had been a devoted member. Since then, It houses the Society of the Cincinnati's international headquarters and a research library on 17th and 18th century military and naval history and the art of war.