☀️HOT WEATHER WARNING!!! ☀️ Stinking hot humid summer days and delicate pavs are not good friends. So if you’re planning a Pav for your Christmas feast tomorrow, FOLLOW MY STEPS EXACTLY and you will still nail the Pav, even on this 38C 80% humidity day!
Also, my EASY Aussie Summer Christmas Menu is on the homepage of my site www.recipetineats.com Seafood and dipping sauces, glazed ham, sides, starters and TRIFLE is my other dessert for this year. And don’t forget the champers! 🍾🍾🍾 N xx ❤️
150ml / 5 oz egg whites (4-5 eggs fridge cold eggs)
1 cup caster sugar (superfine sugar) (220g)
1 tbsp cornflour / cornstarch, sifted
1 tsp white vinegar
1. Separate eggs while cold. Then bring whites to room temp.
2. Preheat oven to 150C/300F (fan / convection) / 170C/340F (standard).
3. Beat until soft peaks form. Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time. Beat for a further 3 min on high until glossy. Rub between fingers and ensure no sugar grains. Add cornflour and vinegar, fold through with spatula or beat on low for 5-7 seconds.
4. Use base of cake springform pan (24cm/10”+). Turn upside down. Dab meringue on edges, cover with baking paper. Shape meringue into cake form with slightly sloping inwards sides (straight edges = more fragile) around 5cm/2” high, using cake pan as guide to make it round.
5. Transfer to oven. Immediately turn oven DOWN to 100C/210F (fan / convection) / 115C/240F (standard). Bake for 1 ½ hours.
6. Do not peek, do not thunder through kitchen! Turn oven off then leave to cool for 6 – 18 hours in CLOSED oven. SYDNEY-SIDERS: Super hot today, ideal to leave in oven overnight!
7. Transfer to serving platter, slide cake pan out and paper out.
8. Garnish just before serving with softly whipped cream (1 – ½ cups heavy whipping cream, 2 – 3 tbsp white sugar, 1 tsp vanilla) and fruit of choice.
#christmasdessert #AussiePav #pavlova #recipetineats