Hungry? Today I made Middle Eastern spiced ground beef kababs with sweet red bell pepper and basil🌿hummus, and fresh whole wheat pitas. I tested another batch of pita breads🍞today. This one turned out much better than the last👌. They formed strong pockets with good gluten formation and a moist outer crust. My recipes for the hummus and pita breads🍞will be on my website soon. For today, my recipe for Middle Eastern spiced beef kababs is below 👇...
It's cold and wet outside today in New England. Enjoy your weekend folks!
👉 RECIPE FOR MIDDLE EASTERN SPICED GROUND BEEF KABABS:
1. 1/2 pound organic ground beef (80-85% lean)
2. 1/4 cup grated onion excess liquid removed
3. 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4. 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
5. 1/4 teaspoon cloves
6. 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
7. 1/4 teaspoon sumac
8. 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley🌿
9. 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint🌿
10. 1/2 teaspoon himalayan salt
11. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl with gloved hand until well combined
12. Form 4 equal balls of meat
13. If using wooden skewers soak in water for 30 minutes. Rest meat mixture in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes up to several hours
14. Form each kabab with oiled hand. Place meat mixture around skewer and flatten. Shape horizontal design by pressing meat between forefinger and thumb along the length of the kabob
15. Over medium high heat on hot oiled grill cook without moving until each side is done
16. Serve with whole wheat pitas🍞, tomatoes🍅, hummus, or your favorite side dishes, and enjoy!