Here is a recipe for a very simple, yet tasty salad. Apart from cooking the beets, which takes about an hour to cook in the oven, the salad is ready in no time.
🔷 Ingredients: ⠀
- 6 red beets, unpeeled .
- 3 medium-sized unpeeled red onions .
- 4 unpeeled whole garlic cloves .
- 4 tablespoons Gkazas Olive oil .
For the glaze: .
- 50 ml vegetable stock .
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar .
- 1 sprig of thyme, leaves picked and finely chopped .
- salt and freshly ground black pepper . 🔷 How to cook: ⠀
1⃣Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2⃣Place the red beetroot, red onions, garlic, sprigs of thyme and olive oil in a medium-sized roasting pan and make sure that the vegetables are well covered with olive oil.
3⃣ Roast for one and a half hours, until the beet feels soft. Peel and cut the cooked vegetables and put them aside.
4⃣To make the glaze, place the roasting pan on a medium flame and let it burn in by adding the stock, balsamic vinegar and chopped thyme.
5⃣Bring to the boil and stir until the liquid has thickened to a syrupy consistency.
6⃣Place the red beetroot, red onions and garlic neatly on a heated serving dish and cover in the glaze. Serve immediately and enjoy! 😋⠀