@ Plant, Halol, Vadodara, Gujarat, India achieved Platinum rating under @ Green Factory Buildings Rating system.
Mr. Mukesh Goyal, Plant Head, Halol, Vadodara quoted - "Being a business leader and a leading motorcycle company in India, Hero MotoCorp believes in ‘Manufacturing Happiness’ through its factories, where there’s a complete harmony between man, machine, material and nature to minimize the impact on the environment and develop a healthy ecosystem. At Halol, near Vadodara, we demonstrated our commitment by building most ecological & sustainable plant with concepts like hydroponic farming on roof, dense forest, green walls, zero liquid discharge plant and optimum utilization of natural resources. Winning IGBC “Platinum certification level” consolidates that our efforts are in right direction." Few Green features of the project are documented below:
- Water efficient fittings saves more than 30% water usage
- The PV panels provide approx 1.9 Megawatts of direct current electricity to the air conditioning system
- Building Integrated PhotoVoltaic (BIPV) Solar adds sustainability & aesthetics value
- Efficient building envelope and 100% LED, saves more than 50% energy
- Hydroponics to grow food on roof