#Rajasthan2018 #incredibleindia #battlesofindia #Rajputs #chetak
1. The Battle of Haldighati was a battle fought on 18 June 1576 between cavalry and archers supporting the Rana of Mewar, Maharana Pratap; and the Mughal emperor Akbar's forces. The Mughals were the victors and inflicted significant casualties among the Mewaris but failed to capture Pratap, who escaped.
2. This was not a communal / religious war but a war for self respect and patriotism. This is evident from the fact that the commander of Mughal army was Man Singh of Amber and the army of Maharana Pratap was led by Hakim Khan Sur.
3. Akbar did not fight in this war
4. After a fierce battle lasting more than three hours, Pratap found himself wounded and the day lost. While a few of his men bought him time, he managed to make an escape to the hills and lived to fight another day.
5. According to tradition, Chetak, although wounded, carried Pratap safely away from the battle, but then died of his wounds.
6. After this battle, Maharana Pratap never lived in a place and always ate on leaves in the jungles.