Every time I go to the grocery store, I always restock on a few of my favorite foods that are a staple in my diet!
1. Lettuce - I have a big salad almost every day. With endless combinations, they are an easy way to add volume and nutrients to a meal.
2. Bananas - I can’t go a day without eating at least one banana. Either in my smoothies, or on my oatmeal, or even just as a quick snack.
3. Bell pepper - because these are good raw or cooked, I use them in just about anything: salads, fajitas, stir frys, or as a snack with hummus!
4. Eggs & egg whites - a staple source of protein in my diet. I love making scrambles or using them to make hard or soft boiled eggs as salad toppers. I use egg whites for additional protein in my scrambles as well as to add volume in my oatmeal.
5. Lemons - such an easy way to add flavor to your cooking, i use lemon in salad dressings, marinades, and a ton of other things. I also add it to my water and tea sometimes as well.
6. Sweet potato - a great source of healthy carbs and good in dishes both savory and sweet. I put them in salads , with eggs for breakfast, and even with yogurt as a dessert.