🇮🇹 Tiramisu 🇮🇹 (Serves 6-8)
4 eggs, separated
75g caster sugar
2 tbsp sweet marsala
2 tbsp dark rum
About 16-24 savoiardi biscuits (or boudoir), depending on size of dish
Cocoa powder, to dust
1. Whisk egg whites until stiff, then set aside.
2. Whisk egg yolks with sugar until pale and voluminous, then whisk in the mascarpone, a little at a time, until smooth and well combined with no lumps of cheese.
3. Gently fold the whites into the mascarpone mixture with a large spoon, being careful to knock as little air out as possible.
4. Stir the alcohol into the coffee and pour into a shallow dish.
5. Dip each biscuit into the liquid until it is a pale coffee colour anf cover the base of the dish.
6. Spoon a third of mascarpone mixture on top, sprinkle cocoa, repeat the layers, finishing with a layer of the mixture and cocoa.
7. Cover and refrigerate for six hours before serving – dust a little cocoa to top it off.
🇮🇹 😋 🇮🇹