It’s #tinytuesday ! This is #variegatedstringofhearts 💕 Swipe to the right to see how to propagate 👉
I got plant mail yesterday in the form of #ceropegiawoodiivariegata . Since I only got two stems, I decided to propagate these cuttings. String of hearts only forms new stems at the nodes of leaves, so I needed to find a way to keep these leaves grounded and flat in their pot, so I made little pins to help them stay flat, here’s how you can do it too.
1. You’ll need a pair of scissors and some wire, I got this wire at the dollar store.
2. You’ll then want to cut the wire in pieces that are about an inch and a half long.
3. You’ll want to bend the wire in half, making a little loop on one end.
4. You’ll want to pin it to the ground, making sure not to squish the stems or the leaves in the process.
5. Voila! Now just to find a warm sunny spot (with no direct light) to watch these propagate and grow.
I’ll post updates of this guy as I see some progress. Have you ever tried propagating string of hearts? Let me know! 😊