I know, I should have taken pics along the way when making this costume last year so the tutorial would be easier! See the approach I took below, but add in your own funk and fav plants! It was really easy to construct, the hardest part was pulling all the hot glue off my fingers 🤦🏻♀️
1. PLASTIC PLANTER big enough for you to comfortable move around in! I snagged this from Home Depot, 22 inch diameter and around $15-$20.
2. FAKE PLANTS. I went to two dollar stores near my apt in Brooklyn and got a bunch of fake vines and flowers. Also ordered fake wisteria, daisies, green ivy, and vines from amazon. I spent ~$40 on all of this but I went kind of crazy and didn’t end up using all of it.
3. SUSPENDERS. Amazon for $6.49.
4. HEAVY DUTY SCISSOR OR BLADE to cut the bottom of the plastic pot out.
5. HOT GLUE GUN to stick the plants inside of the planter.
1. I first stood inside of the planter (once I cut the bottom out). I made marks on the inside of pot for where I thought the suspenders should go. I ended up NOT glueing the suspenders inside the pot.
2. Used big paper binder clips and clipped them directly onto the front and back of the pot (2 in front and 2 in back, so the suspenders could connect)! I know. You’re confused. Hang in there for a min while I try to explain.
3. I hooked PONYTAIL holders under each paper binder clip. I hooked the ponytail holders within each of the 4 clips (2 in front and 2 in back).
4. Simply clipped the suspenders to each ponytail holder. This allowed the suspenders to reliably hold the pot on my shoulders, instead of trying to affix them directly to the pot (which I tried first). It also added a really fun extra bounce to the whole thing.
4. Used the hot glue gun to glue plants all around me (to the inside of the planter).
5. Wrapped the vines in btwn and throughout all of the plants while trying to envision where I would stand. If you imagine looking down at this pot without standing in it, I kept weaving crescent moon shapes with the vines so i could stand in the middle. This is too hard to explain so hope it makes sense!
6. I braided some vine and made a headband 😊