🍫Dark Chocolate Cup Fat Bombs: Two Ways!
I've been having cravings for peppermint + chocolate AND I love all things coconut - especially coconut butter! So when I came across a recipe for a DIY toasted coconut butter on Pinterest, I HAD to try it! I just happened to be making the peppermint choc cups at the same time, so I thought I'd do a batch with the toasted coconut butter and they turned out amazing! At first glance this process may seem tedious, but I assure you it isn't that complicated and is beyond worth it once you taste them! Swipe ➡ for the individual filling recipes and more details. ➡Chocolate Cups⬅
5 oz. Lily's Chocolate Chips (or other sugar-free chips)
2 squares of Lindt 90% dark choc
1 T coconut oil
Melt all ingredients using a double boiler, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth. You can also use a stainless steel mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water (just be careful to use tongs/oven mitts to handle the hot bowl). OR you can melt it in the microwave, making sure to stir every 15 sec or so, to prevent burning the precious chocolate! *This amount of ingredients should make 10-12 small cups if you follow the directions below. ➡Choc Cup Prep Method⬅
1. Line a mini muffin tin with paper or silicone liners and add a small amount of melted choc (I used a teaspoon measuring spoon) to the bottom of the liner.
2. Pop your muffin tin in the freezer for 5 mins to harden the choc layer, before adding the filling (otherwise they may melt together). 3. Remove the tin from the freezer and add a tsp of filling to each liner, then back in the freezer for a few mins.
4. Add another layer of chocolate on to of the filling and return to the freezer for 5 mins.
5. Remove your delicious chocolatey treats from the muffin tin and transfer to a Ziploc bag or container and store in the fridge or freezer.
6. Enjoy!!! PS - if you store these in the freezer, make sure to let them sit out for a bit before eating! They are rock hard right out of the freezer 😉
Macros according to my calculations, per cup:
98.8 cals | 7.8 g fat | Carb 8.2 | Fibre 4.1 | Sugar Alcohols 2.5 g | Protein 1.3 g