1. Audio is bad...and audio is KING.
It is a psychological fact that people will tolerate questionable visuals with good, fitting sound design but not the other way around. We need to hear your actors, the environment, a choreography of what we see intertwined with sound.
Music reflects not only our inner feelings, but has a way of representing our intentions. Film is light AND sound...if not then it would be called, you know, photography. .
2. Ineffectual viewer engagement. The viewer has to CARE within seconds about your story. i.e a poor script: poor film grammar, poor casting
are top ways to totally destroy your chances at having a potential audience. .
3. It's cliche or over-done. If everyone and their Uncle Bob is producing content in the same style with the same lame fx, transitions, pop culture references, filters, sound bytes which you are, then your masterpiece can have no present value. Law of simple economics.
4. You think its "tha bomb". Remember, guns don't kill people, EGO, INSECURITY AND MADNESS kills people...and your art will die an unnecessary death as well if you become too proud of it. Always accept and respect OBJECTIVE critiques, insights and opinions. If you don't you're crazy.
5. Your Production Design is boring .i.e a) your location(s) are uninteresting b) you aren't applying proper lighting c) shots have no visual depth or texture.
6. Audio is bad. (I know I mentioned this but I just feel that it is such a crucial concern that I would mention it again.😁)
Just remember that sound in general is an aural cue to what is happening in the world around us and each frequency, in various contexts, offer us a way to interpret said world. Get your sound right.
🎬📽👊P.s. The photo is of my back deck taken during the rains.
. .. #challenge
#bnw #motionblur #digitalrev #photographygear #bokehlicious
#nikonlovers #fuji #canonlovers #mycamerabag #techlife #artphotography
#capture #photooftheday #manualfocus
#landscapephotography #apsc #throughourlens #cinematographer