Seeing as we have not had a healer since Davie passed, I want you to take up the work.
- But I'm leaving.
- No. You're staying.
- What did Dougal say to you? Did one of his thugs make up lies about me? - My brother keeps his own counsel on you. This is my decision.
- Then why am I staying?
- Because it is my pleasure that you do so.
- Because you think I'm a spy. Surely you don't believe that.
- I believe that you have secrets, Claire. Now, maybe they're the kind of secrets that every woman has, which pose no threat to me, to Leoch, or to clan MacKenzie. But until I know for sure, you will remain here as my guest.
- You mean as your prisoner, don't you? - Only if you try to leave.
Dougal leads Claire to the surgery room, where Colum is waiting for her. Colum wants Claire to be the new healer of Castle Leoch. She declines, but Colum tells her that this is not an option. Left alone in the surgery, a very frightened Claire breaks down in tears (1x02 Castle Leoch)
#outlander #outlanderstarz #outlanderseason1 #outlanderfans #outlanderseries #dianagabaldon #jamiefraser #outlanderbooks #droughtlander #scotland #caitrionabalfe #samheughan #grahammctavish #sassenach #castleleoch