Quick bio for those of you who are new. We are the Marts family. I (Hannah) grew up in Hillsboro, Oregon, where I became a homeschool graduate and a Christian. I fell in love with my guitar teacher when I was 17, and we married two years later. After our first baby was stillborn in 2006, God blessed us again with six more beautiful, creative, messy, loud children who we homeschool. Yes we want more kids. As many as God will bless us with. My husband teaches private music lessons and I stay home with the kids.
That means I have multiple professions. Are you ready? Here's the list;
- Early childhood development specialist
- milk wagon
- teacher of preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, 2nd, grade, 3rd grade, 4th grade and 5th grade
- music teacher
- Spanish teacher
- PE teacher
- meal planner
- event coordinator
- full time night nanny
- educational director
- trauma nurse
- bicycle mechanic
- child psychiatrist
- hazmat technician
- landscape maintenance specialist
- dispute mediator
- human rights activist (children aren't born treating each other with dignity, *shocker*)
- law enforcement officer
- dictator (sorry guys but our home is not a republic) 😂 .
Just making a point here. No one is EVER just a stay-at-home mom. And paid positions are not more valid employment than volunteer work. Amen if you're with me!