❄️Lovely in any season❄️
The was built between 1830 and 1834 by prince Alexandru Dimitrie Ghika. Furnished in Empire fashion and surrounded by a vast garden with statues, fountains and pavilions, the palace housed numerous balls and diplomatic receptions.
During World War II, the palace served as refuge for the French Legation. Seized by the state in 1948, the entire estate is devastated. Passed among various institutions and repeatedly vandalized, the ensemble suffers numerous improper interventions and becomes seriously damaged.
In 1951, the domain passed to the Romanian Academy who wished to transform it into a retreat facility for its members, but the project was never finalized. Currently, unused, the palace, outbuildings and need to undergo restoration works.