Sweet Potato Pie with Brown Sugar Meringue 🥧 | Recipe ⬇️
* 1/2 cup coconut oil (in solid form)
* 1 1/4 cups AP flour
* 1/2 tsp sea salt
* 1/2 tsp sugar
* 3-4 tbsp ice water plus more if needed
Sweet Potato Filling
* 2 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes, mashed and peeled
* 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup almond milk
* 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
* 2 tbsp. AP flour
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 2 egg whites
* 1/3 cup sugar (white or brown)
* ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
* Pinch of salt
* ½ teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pie Crust Instructions:
1. In a food processor or by hand, combine the flour, salt and sugar. Pulse to mix.
2. Add the pieces of solid coconut oil to the flour mixture in food processor, pulse to mix
3. Add ice cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing in between, until the dough forms into a ball
4. Place the cough onto a clean, dry, flat surface that is lightly floured, then gently knead
5. Wrap the disk in plastic wrap. Place in fridge for 10 minutes to harden some if needed
6. Using a rolling pin on a well-floured surface, roll out dough to form an approx. 12-inch circle.
7. Place the rolled-out dough onto a 9-inch pie plate
Pie Filling Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a food processor, add all pie filling ingredients, puree to mix until uniformed
3. Carefully pour the filling into the prepared pie crust
4. Place in the oven and bake for 45-65 minutes, or until the center is set.
5. Rremove from the oven and allow to cool completely before adding cool whip or meringue topping
1. Combine the egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl set over a pot filled with about an inch of simmering water.
2. Stir the mixture with a spatula until the brown sugar has dissolved.
3. Remove the bowl from the heat and place on the stand mixer, adding the vanilla and cinnamon.
4. Beat on medium speed with the whisk attachment until glossy stiff peaks form.
5. Spread the mixture on the cooled pie
6. Bake the meringue at 375 for about 10-12 minutes until golden