: Tips for Eating Healthy during the Holidays -
According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Americans gain approximately one to two pounds during the holiday season. Here are some ways to stay mindful during the holidays:
1. Do not skip meals throughout the day to avoid overeating.
2. Include lots of fiber in your diet including fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
3. Eat in moderation; avoid those second and third helpings.
4. Use a smaller plate.
5. Fill your plate with veggies and salad first.
6. Get up and get active after you eat. -