HOW TO SET REALISTIC GOALS IN 5 SIMPLE STEPS
Setting goals is actually a lot more challenging than it sounds. If you have ever tried to set a goal before, you know exactly what I mean. How do you know if the goal is realistic? How do you accomplish that goal? Is that a goal you actually want to hit?
These 5 tips will help you set realistic goals for your fitness journey every time. Setting realistic goals is not only useful, but it makes you feel more in control and excited about your journey, rather than being overwhelmed. Soo, let's get to it!
1. Losing/Gaining Weight: Set 30, 90, and 150 day goals. This will ensure that you feel like you are making progress while also giving you a larger goal to shoot for. Use 1 lb/week as your measurement. This is a healthy amount of weight to lose per week. There will be weeks you lose more, there will be weeks you lose less or not at all. So, if you want to lose 20lbs, set a 30 day goal of 4-5lbs, a 90 day goal of 12-15lbs total and a 150 day goal of 20lbs.
2. Write them down: Writing down your goals ON A CALENDAR makes it easier to see them in a timeline. Plus, writing it down will also make it a lot harder to ignore.
3. Break it out: Take each goal, the small and the large, and break them out into 3 action steps (your big goal action steps will be your small goals). For example, your 30 day goal of a 4-5lb weight loss action steps could be: Walk 10,000 steps per day, drink a gallon of water per day, and track food daily.
4. Share it with someone: Talking your goal through with someone WHO BELIEVES IN YOU and can be slightly objective is a good idea. Don't talk it through with someone who will just put you down, and don't talk it through with someone who will just pat you on the head. This will be your person who you share your wins with. Plus, when we share our goals we feel a greater drive to accomplish them.
5. Take action immediately: Don't wait until Monday to start, or until you go grocery shopping, or until your new workout outfit comes in. Just start.
Which of these tips is one that you are going to implement today? Comment down below!