Baked Chickpea Penne with Vegetarian Sausage
13 oz vegetarian Italian sausage, sliced (I used Fieldroast brand, SWIPE)
12 oz chickpea pasta (I used Banza brand, SWIPE)
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs olive oil
1 jar pasta sauce
1 cup mozzarella
Flavorgod Garlic Lovers Seasoning .
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Boil water for noodles in large pot and cook according to package instructions. Drain noodles and return to pot. Set aside.
3. Warm olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and green pepper. Sprinkle with Flavorgod Garlic Lovers Seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.
4. Add vegetarian sausage. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until sausage is browned.
5. Add pasta sauce. You may add a 1/2 cup of water to thin out sauce a little. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Spray 9 x 13 inch baking dish with coconut oil.
7. Add noodles to dish. Add sauce mixture. Add 1/2 cup mozzarella. Slowly stir in dish until well combined. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and just turns golden.
10. This dish is packed with protein from the vegetarian sausage and chickpea pasta: 50 grams per serving! It’s a great alternative to other carb-loaded options.
#chickpeas #chickpeapasta #penne #vegetariansausage #vegetarian #flavorgod #reducedsugarintake #healthyinsideandout #healthyeating #healthfood #mealprep #mealplan #nomoreexcuses #exerciseisnotenough #pinterest #2018strongandfit