For the love of curry! Nothing beats rice and curry. Do you guys prefer curry and plain rice or rice and peas? For me personally it doesn’t matter I like them both.
Curry mushroom + potato. Rice and peas. Roasted asparagus. Fried plantains.
Curry mushroom recipe below:
Ingredients: mushroom of choice, 2 tbsp curry powder, 1/2 tbsp turmeric, 1 small potato, 1 small carrot, onion, garlic, 1/2 tomato, all purpose seasoning, black pepper, thyme, cayenne pepper or 1 whole scotch bonnet pepper, 1/2 bell pepper, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2-3 tbsp coconut oil, pinch of salt, 1 tbsp maple syrup(optional) 1/2 tbsp corn starch (optional) and about 1/3 cup water add more or less.
Method: •Clean and add chopped or whole mushrooms to a bowl
• Chop and add the above vegetables, potato, black pepper ,corn starch (optional)and seasoning to bowl. Combine and let marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hr.
• To pot add oil.
• Add only mushroom to pot. Stir and let cooked for about 5 mins.
• Add the remaining vegetables in the bowl to pot and stir.
• Add water to the same bowl and pour into pot. Also add coconut milk and maple syrup( optional). Stir and let simmer down for about 15 mins - 20 mins into a nice semi thick gravy consistency.
• Add more seasoning or a pinch of salt for desired taste.
• Lastly, enjoy!