Getting to know all the functions in instagram story can come with some growing pains 😩. I wanted to post a photo from dinner last night but, I accidentally added an emoji statement that made no sense on my photo (stress level gage) and couldn’t get rid of it. So, I deleted it forgetting that my photo isn’t saved in stories 🤦🏻♀️. Unless it is and I haven’t figured that out yet. 🤷🏻♀️
Golden Coconut Lentil Soup and it was YUM! 👅 Topped it off with cooked farro, toasted coconut 🥥 flakes, cilantro 🌱and some red pepper flakes 🔥This soup is poppin’ 💥 with fiber for your tummy bacteria to❤️ on…Yay!
Who would like the recipe? 🙋🏻♀️ Props go to Budgetbytes.com Adjust this recipe to your liking. Didn’t have jasmine rice, used farro. I didn’t have carrots and made it without and it was still scrumptious. I used light coconut milk b/c that’s all Harris Teeter had that day. I used yellow lentils and turmeric from @charlestonspiceco
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced (I used a smaller one)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-inch fresh ginger, grated
1/2 Tbsp ground turmeric
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2-3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1/2 lb red or yellow lentils
4 cups of water
13.5oz can coconut milk
salt to taste
1/3 cup large, unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 bunch cilantro
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
1. Add olive oil to a large pot. Add onion, garlic and ginger. Sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the onion is soft.
2. Add turmeric and red pepper to pot and sauté for a minute more. Add carrots to pot, sauce for a minute more, add lentils and water. Place lid on pot, bring to a boil over high heat, turn down and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Toast coconut flakes, add to dry skillet, brown over medium low heat. Stir continuously. Remove from pan immediately when done.
4. After 20 minutes lentils should be broken down. Stir in coconut milk. Use immersion blender or carefully blend in batches until about 1/2 of the soup is pureed. Once blended start adding salt to taste and adjust red pepper flakes if you desire.
5. Serve soup, top with 1/2 cup rice, fresh cilantro, and sprinkle with toasted coconut flakes.