😍 Repost @mymeatlessmeals
Hi there, friends! 🙋🏻Today I'm serving up something very different from my usual recipe videos. And I'm only saying that because I have never made anything this adorable before. 😂
If there's anything I'd like to take from 2016-2017- it has to be the unicorn trend. I think it's super cute. (Or perhaps I have been watching too many episodes of My Little Pony with my niece 🤣). Here's how you create these lush looking bars:
This NOT a healthful recipe. If you wish to make fat free desserts- feel free to look up other recipes. 🌈 🦄
Vegan Unicorn Cheesecake Bars 💖
• 150 g Digestive Biscuits* (I use McVitie's Lights- they're vegan)
• 1/4 cup coconut oil
• 1/8 tsp Himalayan salt
[Cashew Cheese Top]
• 1 cup raw cashew nuts, soaked until softened or boiled for 15 minutes • 1/2 cup coconut cream, melted
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tbs lemon juice
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• food colours of your choice (but might I suggest light purple, blue, and pink to reinforce the unicorn theme)
1. Make the base by blitzing or crushing biscuits until fine before mixing in salt and coconut oil.
2. Transfer the biscuit crumbs to a silicone mould and press down, make sure it's nice and tight. Then, freeze for an hour.
3. Blending together soaked cashew nuts, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut cream using a food processor or a high speed blender.
4. Once the mixture comes out smooth and creamy- divide it into 4 portions.
5. Add food colours and mix well.
6. Add a dollop of each colour into the mould and use a stick or a knife to swirl.
7. Place a parchment paper on top and press down to flatten the surface.
8. Freeze for a few hours.
9. Remove from moulds.
10. indulge in magic!
#vegan #veganuary #veganrecipes #healthychoices #govegan #veganism #veganlunch #homecooking #cashews #cashew #pastelfood #vegansofinstagram @peta @mercyforanimals #vegansofig #veganfoodshare #letscookvegan #instafood #veganvideos #vegancooking #vegandinner #veganfoodporn #veganeats #foodporn #herbivore #plantbased #recipevideo #foodvideos #whatveganeats #simplecooking #plantbasedfoo