I try not to make a big deal out of my birthday -- out of the 30 I've had, I've only had a few good ones. I get moody and introspective, I get scared, I get superstitious. I never thought I'd make it this far, and yet here I am. So I'm gonna brag a little.
My 20s were a legit shitshow. You can ask me about that joke later. Right now, here's a list of the shit I did that I'm proud of:
1. Became an international when I clapped back at the of me (). I got to work with SyFy, Discovery, and a whole host of other big names and was afforded opportunities I never could have even dreamed of.
2. I became a mom. I stayed a mom. And gave up most of the focus on that first point when I became a so I could help this kid be the very best person she can be. And although I'm biased, I'd say she's pretty awesome.
3. I survived an abusive, life threatening relationship. I almost singlehandedly kicked C-PTSD's teeth in and made it my bitch. I still have moments here and there, but damn, I didn't expect to feel this good.
4. Four Books. Countless paintings. People walking around with my art on their skin FOREVER. And that's not counting all that's to come.
5. I'm alive, you guys. Alive. At 25, I almost succeded in killing myself. At 27, I almost died when my wasn't diagnosed in a timely manner. At 29, I almost died because a fuckweasel decided I looked good as a hostage.
I never thought I'd make it this far, and yet I'm so glad I have. Next year is going to be the best one yet.