Sat night Ruck Run training fun: 8 Slides' explanation:
- Depart: 000 (12 midnight) - Finish off with ice cold shower before bed: 0430 (about 4.5 hours total process). Slides:
1. Prep: Body Glide lubbing up. Hitting the main contact points from the rucksack to minimize rubbage and chafing.
2. Kick off: 55 lbs in rucksack, 1 25lb dog food bag, waters, nuts and protein bars, extra clothes in dry sack, 2 huskies
3. Fall 1
4. At Farthest Point: Turnaround point. Selected and took all the weight to make sure I had to bring it all back and come home and not cut Corners by just going in a circle nearby.
5. Another Fall
6. Follow Maki into Water: 0 medical advantage, but fun, wakes you up, and amps to keep moving. However 26 deg F is cold and mentally draining.
7. End Numbers. .. C-. not good, but learned a lot.
8. morning aftermath: Mira still dead... although her head and face buried in the covers suggests she's not doing too badly haha