Recipe time! 😄
My hubby and I are both at home today, so I took the opportunity to make us both wraps for lunch earlier. I’m getting back into making wraps lately, and they are such a perfect summer lunch 🥙 I thought I’d tell you how I did it this time, because it was just too tasty to keep to myself!
•2 wraps of your choice (I had a @thepurewraps coconut wrap; my hubby opted for a regular tortilla)
•Two slices bacon
•Two small cloves garlic, minced
•Half an onion, finely chopped
•2-3 Tbsp freshly-chopped chives
•1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
•5-10 cherry tomatoes, halved
•Sauces/dressings (I used guac and @primalkitchenfoods ranch dressing)
1. Place wraps on plates and add some salad greens
2. Fry the bacon in a ceramic-coated pan; once cooked, put a slice on each wrap and leave the drippings in the pan
3. Add garlic and onion to the fat in the pan. Cook until fragrant and slightly translucent.
4. While onions and garlic are cooking, whisk together the eggs, chives, and shaved parmesan in a small bowl
5. Add egg mixture to the pan and scramble
6. Place half of the scrambled eggs on each wrap
7. Top with cherry tomatoes and any sauces or dressings you like. Roll it up and enjoy!
Just want to emphasize that ingredient quality makes SUCH a huge difference here, not just for your health but also with flavour! I make sure any meat and eggs I use are antibiotic-free, and either pastured or grass-fed whenever possible (thanks to @ferme_reveuse for the eggs and @greenfieldnaturalmeatco for the bacon). Now that the weather is warmer, it is far easier to get our produce and herbs locally. For example, the delicious salad greens and organic chives were both fantastic farmer’s market finds. If I can’t get something locally, I will buy organic from the grocery store—but I always prefer to buy local if I can swing it!
If you give this a try, please let me know or tag me so I can see how it went! ✌🏻