Happy Friday to all you gorgeous people in the world! I hope your day flies by (until about 4:59) then I hope you can slow down and enjoy the weekend!
We all have personal hurdles, limitations, and priorities in our lives – so one just has to figure out a way to work around them. If you have children or a crazy work schedule (or both) and time always seems to get away from you with school, work, homework, etc, find ways to fit your goals into the limited time you have. That’s why we have HIIT, Tabatas, and at home workouts – for those days that getting to the gym is impossible. It’s also why I’d encourage people do to meal prep on Sunday evenings so that there is always something healthy in the fridge when life gets crazy.
Here are some of my personal tips to staying motivated ~
1. Change your mind set and perspective – What I’ve learned over the past few years is that you are in control of 2 things in life: 1) your thoughts 2) your actions. So what does that mean? You have to change the way you perceive the work you have to do to achieve your goals. If you don’t enjoy it, you’re doing it wrong!
2. Tell people your goals! – This helps in so many ways. You might find that someone has a similar goal and you can support each other, but no cheating together! The act of telling people both your goal and your plan makes you accountable.
3. Stop the negative self-talk – Quit it! Yes, you actually can do this. No more of this I can’t! The simple act of saying “I just don’t think I can do this” is setting you up for failure. If you don’t believe in yourself who else will?
4. Embrace Change! – Last year I decided that I was in fact, a bad ass, and needed to embrace this. Until then, I kind of doubted my abilities. You know what? I tried new things, I was awesome at a few and wasn’t so awesome at others.
5. Don’t be in such a rush and create achievable goals – Being healthy, eating right, and staying fit is a lifestyle, not a quick fix fat burner pill.
By approaching things in smaller bites, you can continue to stay motivated because you are constantly working towards a new goal and accomplishing those goals – what do you do to stay motivated?