Here is a simple version of a bone broth recipe. First, you’ll need the carcass from a roasted, whole organic chicken. Remember this is great for hair, nails, skin, gut, etc. It can be sipped from your favorite mug each morning, or added to your favorite recipes. Let me know if you try it and how you like it. 😋
Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken and Simple Bone Broth INGREDIENTS:
1 5-lb whole chicken giblets removed
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1 lemon sliced
1-2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp bone broth (optional) Gut Healing Bone Broth: leftover chicken bones
1-2 cloves garlic smashed
1-2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
8 cups water
1 pinch salt
Roasted Chicken 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. On a clean surface, cut slits in the skin of your chicken and press in garlic.
Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and rub over chicken. Insert lemon slices inside chicken cavity.
3. Put chicken in baking dish. Pour broth and vinegar in bottom of dish.
4. Cook for about 1 ½ hours until the chicken is cooked through and has reached 165 degrees F.
5. Remove chicken from oven and let cool. Gut Healing Bone Broth
1. After meat is removed, place the leftover chicken bones into a slow-cooker.
2. Add garlic, apple cider vinegar, water, and salt.
3. Cook on low for 24 hours.
4. Remove bones and discard. Strain broth to remove any leftover particles.
Store in jars in fridge or freezer.