Root vegetables, canned goods, spices and staple garlic and onion in your cupboard means you’ll never have to say “there’s nothing for dinner”! After Dan and I ate all the meals which I made and froze, it was time for the next batch. Thinking simply and creatively with ingredients you have handy and leftover is a satisfying way to make something good for you, in my opinion. 🙏
Healthy, easy, veggie curry in under an hour:
* Onion, plenty garlic, and 2 inches of ginger finely chopped, sautée for 4 mins, then sprinkle in 2tbsp hot curry powder, tsp garlic powder, chilli powder & cumin.
* Stir and bubble til you have a paste.
* Add to your large saucepan a whole diced sweet potato and coat in the paste.
* Add half a cup of water, stir and simmer for 5 mins.
* Drain & rinse 1 can of chickpeas and stir well into the mixture.
* Add a 400g carton of sieved tomatoes, stir, add s&p and a small amount of honey.
* Bubble with a lid on for 20-25mins.
* Crumble up some frozen spinach, stir well and allow to cook for 3 mins in your curry.
* Reduce your curry down as much as you’d like to on a low heat. * Serve with brown rice, lime juice, your favourite chutney and yoghurt!
This would be perfect with a small fillet of pan-fried fish on top! Nourishing, easy curry. 💜