Coming straight to you from the humid South Jersey where the humidity is so thick you can grab it and move it. 😆 Yesterday, @elsaisfit and I ran 15 miles — now most people would want a rest day after that kind of distance, but that is the worst thing you can do, why?
1. Post long distance running you will be sore, so in order to decrease your soreness you must do your post workout, stretch and even walk that same day.
2. One day later, you have to get up and move. Now I’m not saying go for another 15 miles, but get up and shake your legs out. If you rest, the lactic acid will build up and you’ll be even more sore.
3. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate — this will flush out any toxins.
4. Drink those greens!!!! Just sayin’!
5. Stretch post jog — it’s important to do this AFTER your run, not before. If you do it before, you’re more likely to pull something ...disclaimer: post run stretches feel soooo good!
6. Don’t be surprised if 2 days later you feel worse — sometimes the fatigue sets in 2 days post long run — do the same thing, get up and move!
If you ever need help with running tips/plans/supplements, I charge a small fee of FREE — just message me. 📶
1. Today was another workout dedicated to #30forthekids — you better be involved in this!
2. Have a great day — you’re in charge of the outcome regardless of the circumstances.
3. I am thankful for each and every one of you.
4. Get it done!!!!