Are you looking for a fun new recipe to try out ? Make these Spicy Crab Crepes. Decadent, creamy, tangy, and spicy. Great for a celebration or a weekend brunch! Our family likes to eat these inspired by a trip to California :)
***Spicy Crab Crepes***
(1 cup of crab makes about 4 servings)
Spicy Crab Salad Ingredients:
● 2 cups crab or imitation, shredded
● 1 Tbsp lime juice ● ⅓ cup mayo ● 3 tsp sriracha or sambal
● A pinch of Salt & Pepper
(Enough for about 20-7 inch crepes)
● 1 cup whole milk
● 1 cup All Purpose flour
● 2 Large eggs
● 6 Tbsp water
● 3 Tbsp butter, melted, plus more for cooking in pan
● ½ tsp salt
Asian Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
● ¼ cup rice vinegar
● 2 Tbsp soy sauce
● 2 tsp sugar
● 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated
● several drops chili oil
1. Prepare crepes recipe - mix all ingredients in food processor - let rest 2 hours to 2 days in fridge.
2. Prepare crab salad - Chill in fridge
3. Mix Asian dipping sauce - set aside.
4. Make crepes - Stir batter, heat crepe pan medium high & brush with butter. Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter into pan, swirl to coat. cook about 30s-1minute on first side, flip crepe, and cook about the same time on other side until cooked through. Let cool before assembling (Adjust batter amount and cooking time up or down depending on pan size)
5. Assemble Crepes - With your crepe placed down on plate scoop a couple spoonfuls of crab mixture along center. Fold crepe edges over middle.
6. Serve a little of the dipping sauce on the side in a small bowl.
7. Garnish with any of the following on top of the crepe to make it extra jazzy.
● cilantro & lime wedges
● avocado ● drizzle of sriracha