Stuffed turkey meatballs in marinara sauce #keto
Swipe ⬅️ for progress and products used!
Tap for details!
▪1 package organic ground turkey
▪1 (24oz) marinara sauce
▪2 tbsp olive oil
▪1/2 pork rind, crushed (Clancy's brand)
▪Seasonings: Pink salt, onion salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne, dried: oregano, basil, parsley, thyme, rosemary; garlic powder, black pepper
1. Mix seasoning into ground turkey
2. Add purple onion, garlic, scallion, 1 egg, crushed pork rinds, mozarella, mix evenly
3. Drizzle olive oil on turkey, mix evenly
4. Pre-heat oven to broil, time 10 min
5. On foil, drizzle olive oil
6. Roll turkey into balls, place on foil
7. Heat up pan w/ remaining olive oil, (optional to add any leftover purple onion/scallion for aroma) add marinara sauce, simmer
8. Remove turkey from oven, place in marinara sauce
9. Cook for ~10 min, garnish w/ scallion, parmesan
I used crushed pork rinds as "bread crumbs" (the brand I use has only dried pork skins, salt, 0g net carb @aldiusa) - it came out great! I also love this brand Riserva by Classico (I've used their compliant Alfreso sauce) - it is no sugar added, no artificial ingredients, gluten free, 6g net carb = 1/2 cup - you can find it @target! FYI: I don't usually measure my seasonings, but I'll work on that to improve my recipes!