I made this little beauty this morning for a family I 'meal prep' for in London.
Fancy making this?
It is so easy and tasty.
Serves 6 as a main meal.
1) 2 cup of Puy lentils (cooked in 4 cups of water with 4-6 bay leaves until tender)
2) 1.5 kilos white potatoes, peeled, washed & boiled in salted water until soft, then mash with 1 tbsp Vitalite vegan spread or coconut oil, 1/4 cup plant based milk, salt & pepper to taste
3) In a saucepan, sauté the following in 2 tbsp of sunflower oil: 6 medium carrots (peeled and sliced thinly), 3 stalks celery (washed and sliced thinly), 1/2 cup of white cabbage sliced thinly OR 2 small onions sliced
4) After about 5 minutes add 1 cup of vegetable stock (or 2 veggie stock cubes) and 1 tbsp tomato puree. Taste and add salt & pepper to taste
5) Add Puy lentils and mix
6) Put in a deep baking tray/glass dish and cover with the mashed potatoes
7) Bake in the oven for 30-45minutes until brown at 190C
Optional: top with vegan cheese.
Optional: make up some veggie gravy to drizzle on top before serving.
Serve with a green salad.
#vegan #freerecipes #veganfood #madetoorder #mealprep #plantbased #supportsmallbusiness