Sunrise at Roches Point Lighthouse. A light has operated at Roches Tower since 1817. The tower was eventually replaced by a lighthouse which was first constructured in 1835 and manually operated until 1995 where it has been automated since.
Originally the owner of Roches Tower which had been claimed it was built as a banqueting hall which was the only place to see a "good view of Cork Harbour" by Edward Roche of Trabolgan (or his father) and wanted to rent to the government for 100 guineas (about €10,000 in today's money) per annum. But this price was deemed too high, that eventually the government bought Roche out for £1,426 (€134,824.80 in today's money). The purchase of the land and Tower was completed in January 1816 but not without Roche objecting to searches for encumbrances and enquiring about the delay in receiving the valuation of his ground.
Original photo by @raphy