Developing a solid relationship with yourself is the key to living a life of meaning and purpose. There’s nothing more important than this intimate connection. As you create a strong attachment to your inner life, you’re better able to make choices that reflect your deepest longings and desires. One of the best ways to build a strong bond with your soul is by journaling.
The first page of journaling may feel more like reporting than connecting with a wise part of yourself. If you keep at it, you’ll soon find that your mind and heart come into alignment and you begin to write from a deeper, more feeling-oriented place. Writing from this place will connect you with the voice of your soul.
There’s no perfect way to journal. Just ponder each question or sentence and write whatever comes to mind. Don’t worry about spelling, grammar, or writing every day. What matters most is that you get started and stay with it. It takes time and discipline to build a new, honoring habit.
Make sure that you keep your journal tucked away in a secure place so you have the privacy you need to be honest with yourself.
So close your eyes, take a few relaxing deep breaths, and start writing.
1. What are the top five most important priorities in your life right now? Why are they important to you and what do you need to do to honor them?
2. If you had all the time in the world, what ten things would you most want to do? Describe them in detail:
3. Start an abundance list here. Learn to see the blessings you receive each day by returning to this page often to add to the list.
4. What are you feeling right now? Keep writing until you shift from thinking to feeling.
5. If you could wave a magic wand and change one area of your life, which one would it be?