Some thoughts on my mind:
1. People have been asking if I live at the beach! Honestly, I’ve just been working to prioritize my time. I’m really lucky that my schedule is super irregular, and when I have a few daytime hours with nowhere to be, I’ll go to the beach for an hour. I’ve been trying to do this once a week while it’s warm. I still work six days a week (teaching yoga and acting and working on other creative projects)! I’ve realized that I can do more with my time if I really work for it. The daylight is so great for my mood and skin (don’t worry, I wear SPF). Does being outside in the sun make you feel good? 😚 🌞
2. I want to get to know all of you better! My name is Erin and I’m a creative person. I act, I teach yoga, I’m interested in photography and creating and absorbing beautiful images, I love storytelling. I love being outside, love rock climbing, love my friends. Tell me some things about you!
3. I love you and your heart and your mind and your body just as you are. I love you for your gender identity and sexuality. I think you’re brave and amazing.
4. A lot of you found me from my work on television, but I realize lots of you have found me through other avenues! Tell me how you came here to this community!
5. I go through waves about how I feel regarding Instagram. It’s a weird thing that we share the most beautiful sides of ourselves for the consumption of others, and it leads to lots of self-criticism and judgements and sadness. But this space exists, and it would exist whether or not I’m here, so I will continue to be here and take up space and spread light where I can. Sometimes I like it and feel energized by it. I love engaging in honest and thought-provoking conversation with all of you. For me, the images are an artistic expression for me and also a way to get the attention of people so they see my words and have the chance to engage in conversation. Sometimes Instagram seems like a weird dark pit. I guess the same can be said for life? Anyway, here I am. 👋🏼