Some ingredients used in our daily cooking.
1. Chiltepin de cerro. Foraged in our hometown of Tlaxcuapan, Pue. Combined with cherry tomatoes from our garden in a salsa de molcajete. These chiles pack a very fragrant floral note ( med spicy, courtesy of mom’s last trip) wish we had them all the time.
2. Chiltepin, grown in Mexico by mom, used in salsa de molcajete.
3. Chiltepin Seco. This variety is found in markets around the Mixteca area in Puebla. Used in roasted veggies, specials, soups,chile oil and lots of family meals.
4. Sal de Tlaxcuapan, from the salt mines in Tlaxcuapan, Pue. Used in beans, and soups.
5. Maldon sea salt, used in specials and salads. .