Mexican Chicken & Avocado Salad By @recipe_tin
2 small chicken breasts (pound or split if thicker than 2cm / 4/5”)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup coriander / cilantro, finely chopped
5 heaped cups cos lettuce, cut into bite size pieces
Lime Dressing / Marinade:
2 tbsp lime juice, 1 tbsp honey, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, ½ tsp salt + black pepper
1/2 tsp EACH chipotle powder and oregano
1/4 tsp cumin powder
Salt & pepper
1 avocado, chunky dice, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, ¾ cup corn kernals (canned, drained), ½ red onion, finely chopped
1. Place Lime Dressing ingredients in a jar, shake well.
2. Put 2 tbsp of Dressing in a ziplock bag, add Seasonings then chicken. Mix. Marinate 30 min – overnight.
3. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in skillet over medium low, cook chicken to taste (2cm / 4/5” takes around 8 minutes). Rest 5 min then slice.
4. Add 2 tbsp of coriander into Dressing, shake.
5. Place avocado, corn, tomato and onion in a bowl. Add remaining coriander, drizzle with a bit of Dressing, toss gently.
6. Place lettuce in a bowl, drizzle with a bit of Dressing, toss.
7. Assemble Salad: Place lettuce on a serving platter. Top with Salsa and sliced chicken. Drizzle with remaining Dressing. - #regrann