It’s Wednesday... I stood in the mirror for 10 minutes. I made space to appreciate my physical appearance, even honored the things I don’t like. I also honored the beauty of my spirit. I was jubilant, but didn’t smile. I set the timer so I wouldn’t have to manually take the picture. I thought about all the mistakes I’ve made, but quickly made room to embrace my success.
Last night, someone asked me to focus on monetizing my emotions. 😩
💲💲I realized I’m BROKE!! NOT ALL The time, but...overdrafts are real. 🤷🏽♀️
🔈🔈 I have to replenish.
1) I do NOT have the emotional currency to associate with certain people
2) I have to set boundaries AND demand accountability
3) if our interaction doesn’t replenish me, I REFUSE! 📣📣📣📣 (this applies to me too. If our interaction doesn’t replenish YOU, stop wasting your time) I’m not above admitting my flaws. 🤷🏽♀️ 4) I’m NOT acting different, I’m growing and evolving. LEARN TO RESPECT THAT cuz I ain’t explaining that no mo! ⬅️
5) every morning I check my emotional bank account and spend accordingly
6) isolation helps me replenish
7) isolation can be dangerous
8) vulnerability is STILL a challenge
9) I can’t take responsibility for or fix anyone’s trauma - it’s NOT my burden
10) still learning to make room to sit with my feelings and actually FEEL them.