Here are my top ten self-care tips for days when you’re feeling low:
1. Drink water
2. Brush your teeth.
3. Do your skincare routine: cleanse, tone, moisturize, spf
5. Hug your kid. Hug your pet. Hug yourself.
6. Put away one piece of clutter.
7. Dramatic, ugly cry for as long as you need to - with no judgment. Don’t even wipe the tears, just let them fall.
8. Place a hand on your heart or stomach as you breathe. Remind yourself that you are here, that in the dark moments, this breath is all that matters.
9. Throw on your guilty pleasure movie or show. Tell your partner to shove it if they whine.
10. Diffuse some oil, close the blinds, throw on some relaxing oil and an eye mask, and take a nap. ...
Here’s the most important one - reach out. Message a friend, your therapist, a support group, anyone, and just say, “Hey, I’m not doing too well today.” You don’t have to suffer in silence. You are not alone. Just saying the words can help. And if you’re on the receiving end of one of those messages, just listen and ask what they need.
Do you have any tips to add to this list?
#mentalhealthawareness #mentalillness #community #selfcare #selflove #youarenotalone #depressionsucks