I spent an awful lot of time last year hiding behind babies in pictures, wearing too many layers of clothes to hide a body I didn't love and feeling super self-conscious about the way I looked and what other people thought of me. .
I spent a lot of time wishing and hoping for a quick fix, searching for a miracle pill, a detox tea, or a fad diet that would help me feel better. .
What I didn't realize:
1. I was already beautiful and perfect in God's eyes, but needed to get right in my head and start treating myself with love and respect.
2. My daughter won't care when I'm gone how much I weighed in pictures, only that she doesn't have any of me because I was always hiding or the one taking the pictures.
3. There is no quick fix, magic pill or diet that is going to fix my body image.
4. Dieting doesn't work. Period.
5. I had a way out right in front of my face but I was too scared to ask for help for fear of judgement, failure, rejection.
6. I was not, am not and will never be alone.
7. Mindset, self care and self love are OK. Not something to feel guilty about, not something to put last on my list things to take care of.
8. Some days are still hard and I still feel sh***y. But I no longer have to wallow, instead I pull myself up and start a new day.
9. Having a tribe of women behind you isn't weak. It's amazing and life giving.
10. Helping other women reach the same conclusions is my calling. .
Stop hating yourself, your body, you ability to mother, the cleanliness of your house, the amount of times you cook or eat out a week. Give yourself some grace. And treat yourself like you would treat your best friend instead of your worst enemy. ♥️✌🏽⭐️