STOP! If you like Thanksgiving food - you're gonna wanna read this. If you like sweet potato casserole - you're REALLY gonna wanna read this. If you're dairy free and feel like you're super limited this Thanksgiving - you HAVE to read this. I'm not a professional cook...and I'm not a recipe developer...but this is so good guys. Like make it now and eat it straight out of the oven good. This recipe was inspired by the amazing @ (check her out) and altered to make it totally dairy free! Make it, eat it, and comment below to let me know you loved it.
Sweet Potato Casserole
Potatoes - 3 Extra Big sweet potatoes (seriously...get some jumbo ones)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened Earth's Balance Buttery Sticks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup almond milk
Streusel -1/3 cup melted Earth's Balance Buttery Sticks
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350. Then peel, chop, boil the sweet potatoes.
2. Strain potatoes and add potatoes to the bowl of your stand mixer. Using the paddle, mix on medium-low speed until potatoes are mashed.
3. One at a time, with mixer running, add sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and almond milk. Beat until totally incorporated and creamy - pausing to push down sides as needed.
4. Pour potato mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine all streusel ingredients and mix well with a fork. Spread topping over potato mixture.
6. Bake 30 minutes.